Manage and lead the Engineering department in technical integration of Quality Inspection, and Waste Water Pre-Treatment processes supporting Production, R&D, Testing and Sales. Establish and maintain technical specifications and Standard Operating Procedures promoting efficiency, standardization and safety. The EHS and Quality Engineer will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Manage budgets and projects in accordance with Company and departmental objectives.
Essential Functions of the Job
1. Manage Quality Inspection department personnel, processes and performance.
2. Manage the Process Record database using ECO’s and Exceptions.
3. Review and approve all Process Record changes in support of new product development.
4. Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Report and analyze quality data related to customer complaints.
6. Manage and oversee Wastewater Pre-Treatment facility, testing and reporting.
7. Manage hazardous material inventory and reporting
8. Manage specialty vendor projects and orders.
9. Develop, manage and execute projects on schedule and on budget.
10. Develop and execute departmental budgets.
11. Inspects the facility to identify safety, health and environmental risks.
12. Develop health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
13. Works with the training manager to make sure all training is aligned with the goals and objectives of the EHS/Quality Engineer.
14. Maintains records and handles reporting for all workplace injuries or incidents; conducts route cause analysis for workplace incidents.
15. Works closely with maintenance, production and support staff to ensure a safe work environment.
Marginal Job Functions of the job
1. Review, write and approve Quality Defect Reports
2. Work with Bothwell Wellness Group to handle all employee incidents, injuries or illnesses.
3. Prepare and approve Product Certifications
4. Prepare and submit reports for Wastewater Pre-Treatment, MODNR, and EPA.
5. Prepare all reports as related to employee injuries.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. High level of communication in cross-functional activities
2. Ability to work well and communicate with others
3. Ability to manage multiple priorities and highly detailed tasks
4. Ability to plan and direct others to accomplish objectives
5. Ability to use computers extensively
1. Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment for inspections.
2. Prolonged periods of sitting at desk and working on computer.
3. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
4. Eyestrain, keyboard ergonomics, and mental acuity. Minimal lifting, standing, or other physical demands.
5. 40% computer work, 30% personnel meetings, 25% paperwork, 5% speak on phone.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job
1. Bachelors in Engineering, Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety or related field is highly desired.
2. Five years related experience preferred.
3. 1-2 years in a manufacturing environment is required, 5-7 years in a manufacturing setting is highly desired.
This position is exempt.