Connect for Health Colorado has an exciting opportunity for a Public Affairs Manager.
Connect for Health Colorado is a health insurance marketplace and support network for individuals, families and small employers in Colorado. We provide high quality customer assistance by phone and in person and exclusive access to federal financial assistance, based on income, to reduce the cost of health insurance. We are a non-profit entity established by a 2011 state law and our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado.
The Public Affairs Manager is responsible for leading stakeholder engagement and special projects tied to the organization’s strategic plan and policy agenda. This position will also monitor and analyze legislation and other policy initiatives to develop messaging, talking points, and strategy, and to inform business requirements when necessary. The Public Affairs Manager will work with the marketing and communications teams to craft public communications. This role will assist the Director of Policy and External Affairs to perform a variety of activities to support the board of directors, executive leadership and advocacy partners. In addition, the Public Affairs Manager will supervise one policy analyst.
• Responsible for Connect for Health Colorado’s state and federal legislative relations and external public policy engagement, tracking and reporting efforts.
• Lead Connect for Health Colorado stakeholder engagement, including planning conferences, holding public meetings, and soliciting external input on Connect for Health Colorado policies, systems, customer service and communications.
• Create stakeholder engagement and management plans, including baseline metrics; monitor goals and measures for stakeholder engagement activities.
• Lead planning of CoverCo, an annual conference convening hundreds of enrollment Assisters, Brokers and community leaders to prepare for Open Enrollment.
• Assist with preparing, facilitating and advising key leadership groups, including the Connect for Health Colorado Board Policy Committee and Board Advisory Group.
• Maintain existing relationships and establish new partnerships to advance strategic goals and policy priorities.
• Represent Connect for Health Colorado at public meetings, conferences, work groups and planning committees.
• Organize meetings, preparation and follow-up for senior leadership with state and federal legislators and executive branch officials.
• Explain and document complex situations to senior leadership, team leaders and external audiences; prepare and deliver internal and external presentations.
• Create and review strategic communications, public messaging, instructional help text and training content.
• Identify and help conduct research and analysis on diverse topics affecting Connect for Health Colorado.
• Compose, review, and edit policy documents.
• Supervise one policy analyst.
• At least five years of relevant work experience.
• Three or more years of strong and proven skills in managing multiple, diverse, complex projects; creating and implementing stakeholder management and engagement plans.
• Colorado resident
• At least one year of community-based work experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience planning events, such as conferences, briefings, and panels preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of key components of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), preferably with health insurance exchanges.
• Ability to quickly transform complex legislation or public policy into insightful and easy to absorb communications and messaging.
• Experience balancing multiple priorities; communicating progress in written or oral form to executives, policy makers, and key partners and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience and success with meeting facilitation.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Typical office setting; the Connect for Health Colorado office is near the intersection of Interstate 25 and 225, with easy access to major roads and public transportation including light rail. Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evenings
• Full time position
• On-site during office hours, typically 8am-5pm – currently working remote due to Covid-19
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short and long term disability and life insurance. Hiring rage for this position is $76,100-87,900.
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.