Vadum’s expertise is bringing concepts to life in the form of products or prototypes to address challenging national defense problems. The Vadum team has a wide range of deep operational and technical expertise to develop concepts that work in conjunction with legacy capabilities or create new capabilities. Vadum experts in electronics, machine learning and software systems design deliver high-impact, high-value solutions to the electronic warfare, explosive ordinance disposal, ballistic missile defense, joint warfare and soldier protection applications.
Vadum Inc is seeking a software engineer to plan, guide, and execute the software development process for real-time streaming analytics solutions. Vadum provides an opportunity to work on projects across multiple environments, languages and methodologies to achieve cutting-edge capabilities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test).
- Plan, manage, and execute integration of prototype algorithms written in MATLAB or Python into production (i.e., C++, JAVA, etc.) codebases.
- Manage and guide teams designing and developing software products including the development of reasonable schedules and progress metrics.
- Direct junior engineers developing, modifying, and testing new and existing algorithms in production software codebases
- Participate in peer-review of code and design; instruct junior engineers in best practice for code and design review
- Assist in developing software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Operate with broad direction and requires minimal supervision.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BS or higher in scientific or engineering field AND significant professional software development experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ as well as familiarity with Java, Python, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, and/or MATLAB
- Ability to direct, manage, and mentor junior software engineers and scientists in software development best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate with algorithm developers, program managers, and other stakeholders regarding software development efforts
Knowledge of any of the following desired:
- Demonstrated expertise in Java, Python, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, MATLAB programming languages.
- Familiarity with streaming data processing frameworks such as Kafka / Spark/ Hadoop
- Familiarity with Functional Programming concepts and styles.
Eligibility: This position requires a Dept. of Defense security clearance and is therefore open only to:
- United States Citizens
The Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process, there are costs for the applicant. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.