Entry Level-Software Engineer
Vadum’s expertise is bringing concepts to life in the form of products or prototypes to address challenging national defense problems. The Vadum team has a wide range of deep operational and technical expertise to develop concepts that work in conjunction with legacy capabilities or create new capabilities. Vadum experts in electronics, machine learning and software systems design deliver high-impact, high-value solutions to the electronic warfare, explosive ordinance disposal, ballistic missile defense, joint warfare and soldier protection applications.
Vadum Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with a technical background in software development, that demonstrates strong personal commitment to quality and initiative to getting the job done. This person must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain design decisions.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test).
- Work in a team environment to design and develop software products
- Develop software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation as required.
- Operate with broad direction and requires minimal supervision.
- Interacting with customers and development partners.
- Coordinating aspects of the project to meet technical.
Skills & Experience desired:
- Experience with programming languages (JAVA, C/ C++, Python/TensorFlow/Scikit-Learn, MATLAB, and ML frameworks)
- Familiarity with streaming data processing frameworks such as Kafka / Spark/ Hadoop is a plus
- Familiarity with Functional Programming concepts and styles a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with senior engineers, and translate results from complex analytics into elegant data products.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
Eligibility: This position requires a Dept. of Defense security clearance and is therefore open only to:
- United States Citizens
The Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.