- Uses a scan gun and headset to determine information such as product location, product codes, sequence of deliveries, and special loading instructions;
- Affixes shipping labels on cartons;
- Examines outgoing products to ensure quality of product meets specifications;
- Selects, picks, and palletized product by hand and loads into trucks in doors as assigned;
- Position merchandise so that proper stacking rules are employed and light cartons are positioned above heavier items;
- Weighs certain items and records weight for company records;
- General housekeeping of the shipping dock, aisles, and coolers;
- Adheres to all safety, food safety and quality systems practices (HACCP/GMP);
- Other work as assigned
- Knowledges and understands safe loading technique.
- Able to lift at a minimum of 50 pounds consistently;
- Ability to push,pull,reach,and stoop on a continually base.
- Able to read product codes and special instructions for orders;
- work in cold temperatures ranging from -0 to 50 degrees;
- Work Schedule (Sunday-Friday 6:00 pm - until last truck loaded approx. 4 am)
- Ability to maneuver electric walkie pallet jack.
- Previous warehouse experience
- Adaptable to cold