Account Managers provide a high, professional standard of service to Clark Insurance customers in their overall management of an assigned book of accounts. They consistently initiate contact with existing customers, identify needs and recommend appropriate coverages and products. In addition, the Account Managers work as a team with an assigned Account Executive to write new accounts, retain accounts and grow the book of business.
Responsible for the servicing of assigned accounts with an Account Executive, utilizing discretion and independent judgment to craft solutions to be shared with customer and Account Executive.
- Possess knowledge of carrier manuals, appetite, services and coverage forms/products available from each of our carrier partners
- Advise customers/prospects on the insurance policies/products/services available for protecting their business assets
- Responsible with the Account Executive for front-end underwriting of customers to align the proper carrier and best solutions for the customer’s insurance needs
- Provide quotations, coverage summaries/comparisons, proposals and recommendations proposed
- Market new business and renewal submissions to carriers utilizing our standard submission forms
- Responsible for customer communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on customer deliverables. Ensure customer or carrier conflicts are handled in an effective manner by identifying and implementing solutions as issues arise, keeping the Account Executive or Department Director informed of issues.
- Responsible for the proper documentation in the agency management system of all customer communications and the confidentiality of all customer documentation
- Guide processing of mail, renewals, new business, billing, cancellations, non-renewals, reinstatements, and other administrative functions carried out by associates and analysts
- Follow all systems, procedures and regulations set forth by agency, insurance carriers, and state departments of insurance
- Make customers aware of the services available in other departments within the agency
- Work to attain individual, department and agency business goals
- Continue to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Extremely detail oriented
- High level of initiative and able to work well in a team environment
- Motivated, goal-oriented, persistent and skilled negotiator
- Strong technical capacity with knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Results driven with a positive, professional attitude and exceptional customer service focus
- Plans and executes responsibilities independently and with discretion
Preferred Experience, Education and Licensing
- 3-5 years of insurance service experience
- Undergraduate degree or combination of industry education and experience
- Property & Casualty License
- Holds the Associate in General Insurance designation
This is a full-time position.
Occasional travel to customer’s workplace with the Account Executive; education events; company meetings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.