Job Summary: This position is responsible to lead the company initiative to move towards lean production environment. Responsible to manage all activities for a lean production philosophy, productive and safety advantages, environment and implementation. This position will interact with all areas of the business to include engineering, marketing/sales, production, quality control, documentation and sourcing.
Essential Functions of the Job (listed in order of importance):
1. Develop principle work standards for productivity.
2. Identify manufacturing cost reductions and provide ROI justifications for change.
3. Execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and design.
4. Design machine and tools for new product or process.
5. Track and execute cost reduction for process improvements.
6. Develop and implement project plans.
7. Provide Engineering Support to Production
8. Process Standardization
This position is classified as exempt.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to develop innovative solutions.
2. Scientific approach to problem solving.
3. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
4. Able to work in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
6. Highly motivated with a commitment to continually driving change and improving processes.
7. Detailed approach to technical data storage and maintenance.
8. Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
9. Autodesk Inventor experience preferred but not necessary.
10. Skilled with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
2. Computer proficient.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, stooping, kneeling, and reaching.
2. Close visual work, ability to read fine specifications on technical drawings.
Experience Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Experience dependent on educational requirements.
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
1. Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.