Job Title: Buyer Analyst
Department: Supplier Development
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: VP of Supply Chain
FLSA: Non-Exempt/Hourly - temp to hire
Gather and analyze procurement data and manage multiple supply chain projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively manage several projects where we are cycling down inventory and replacing with ‘new’ items
• Gathers, mines, interprets, analyzes and processes relevant data (inventory, open purchase order quantity, delivery date, costs and forecast from a number of data sources (excel files and NetSuite)
• Communicates findings to internal stakeholders
• Monitors and reports on data relating to execution of strategies at both corporate and business unit levels
• Work collaboratively with multiple departments to conduct analysis
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of vendors or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must understand MRP/ERP systems
• Must understand supply chain principles, processes and practices
• Must be efficient in NetSuite
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in related field.
• To make the world more secure
• S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations
• Must be a champion of our corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.