Type: Full-time (40 hours per week)
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Monday thru Friday (schedule will vary generally between hours of 8:00 am – 5:00pm); Flexible, occasional weekend or evening
Location: Fresno, CA
Manager Title: Prevention and Education Manager
Pay Range: $15.02 hourly
Summary: The positions entails outreach responsibilities within the coordinated entry system, which consists of providing educational sessions and distributing DV collateral materials to social service agencies, community groups, hospitals, clinics and other identified stakeholders throughout Fresno and Madera County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct Domestic Violence education and outreach activities throughout the Fresno/Madera County, including FAX, city and county offices, private businesses, medical facilities on DV issues and identifiers;
* Distribute outreach materials and informational brochures to local clinics/social service agencies, Multi-Agency Access Programs (MAPS), emergency service locations, hospitals and other identified agencies throughout Fresno/Madera County;
* Maintain ongoing communication and positive relationships with the Fresno Madera Continuum of Care (FMCoC), local clinics/social service agencies, Multi-Agency Access Programs (MAPS), emergency service locations, hospitals and other identified agencies throughout Fresno/Madera County;
* Travel to locations within Fresno and Madera County, including rural locations;
* Use of personal vehicle will be required, when agency vehicle is not available;
* Present information using a variety of techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, group discussions, videos, or lectures;
* Must participate in Agency and department meetings as scheduled; in addition to the active participation within the Fresno Madera Continuum of care (FMCoC) as scheduled by supervisor;
* Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee’s essential job functions;
* Participate in 1:1 meetings with Manager in order to properly communicate and relevant information pertaining staff development, goal setting, and programmatic updates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* At least one year of experience making presentations to groups;
* Completed two years at an accredited college with some coursework in social services, victimology, criminology preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABLITIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE POSITON:
Bilingual Spanish, Hmong or Punjabi is a plus;
Must have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends;
Must have reliable transportation;
Proficiency with organizing, planning, and completing multiple projects within deadlines;
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
Strong writing skills with attention paid to grammar, punctuation and spelling;
Strong visual eye to help guide the design process.;
Quick learner that can work independently;
Able to effectively present to large groups.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Possession of a valid California driver's license and proof of liability insurance on personal auto.
Must be insurable at all times at standard rate by set by MMC insurance carrier.
Must pass tuberculosis test, drug test and background check.
Ability to adjust focus – (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus.).
Close Vision – (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Must be able to convey information to others effectively- frequent.
Must be able to speak with clarity so others can understand the information being delivered -frequent.
Lift up to 10 pounds – occasional to frequent.
Lift up to 25 pounds – infrequent.
Push/pull – occasional to frequent.
Reach with hands and arms- frequent.
Stand – occasional to frequent.
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl – occasional to infrequent.
Use hands to finger, handle or feel- frequent.
Fine Dexterity – Both – frequent.
Typical noise level – quiet.
Repetitive use of hands – frequent.
Hearing – ability to hear instructions - frequent.
Grasping: simple/light: - frequent.
Deductive Reasoning- moderate to high.
Indoors, environmentally controlled.
Normal office noise level.
The Marjaree Mason Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.