Delaney Hardware is a leading provider of premium builder hardware for residential homes, multi-family buildings, and commercial projects. With comprehensive, stylish collections that combine superior finishes and smooth mechanics, Delaney’s unwavering commitment to value, quality, and exceptional service distinguishes it from the rest of the industry. As part of the Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) family of brands, Delaney offers a full portfolio of hardware including door hardware, digital locks, barn door hardware, bath accessories, commercial hardware, trim hardware, and steel doors and frames. For more information about Delaney, visit www.DelaneyHardware.com.
The S&G family of brands delivers proven innovative security solutions that protect businesses, families, and assets around the world. The S&G family is a trusted provider of state-of-the-art high-security locks, commercial-grade doors and hardware, multi-family and residential security solutions, and high-quality door hardware and fixtures. For more information about S&G, visit www.sargentandgreenleaf.com.
This position is the gateway to customer engagement for the Delaney Customer Service Team. This position interacts with customers, by phone or electronically, with the duties of order entry, sales support, problem resolution, and total customer satisfaction.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) provides a trusted advisor relationship with his or her customers through consistent, effective communication on all customer requests and by proactively managing their customer quote to order process. The CSR maintains close attention to all details for quotations, customer purchase order requirements and all order entries. He or she can recognize emerging issues and to expeditiously address them in a complete, professional manner. The CSR is an integral part of a dynamic team whose goals are centered around proactive engagement and communication with customers.
This position reports directly to the Customer Service Manager. This position has no direct reports.
• Ensure that all customer pricing, delivery, quality, and order entry requests are accomplished with a sense of urgency
• Manage all customer purchase orders from order entry through expected delivery
• Provide lead generation assistance to the Business Development Team through coordinated efforts
• Routinely review customer Backlog/Back Order Report reports to address and/or escalate action on delinquent or potentially delinquent orders, including timely communication with customers
• Handle customer complaints and/or material return requests efficiently and effectively, providing appropriate solutions or alternatives, and following up in a timely fashion to ensure complete resolution
• Collaborate with all internal and external resources to generate results, utilizing all available means to assist customers and to expand personal knowledge of product offerings and solutions
• Make outbound calls to follow up on quotes and to win the business
• Escalates critical or important situations concerning sales and customer activities to the appropriate manager or decision-maker
• Serve as a primary agent to the Sales queue and adheres to queue procedures
• Remains knowledgeable and confident in company products and procedures and has a working ability to utilize company tools and resources to best service the customer
• Perform other duties as required
Education / Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Intermediate level of skill in Microsoft Office, specifically in EXCEL, WORD, and OUTLOOK
• Utilization of CRM system and experience with NetSuite is preferred
Department: Customer Service Department FLSA: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Location: Cumming, GA Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Travel: None Manages: No Direct Reports
Delaney Vision & Values
Delaney Hardware is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Must be a champion of the Delaney Hardware corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.
Delaney Hardware is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and work on a computer.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.