NHHC launched an incentive program and create an opportunity for our employees to earn bonus for achieving a common goal.
Better Results = Earn More $$$
"Big enough to serve you, small enough to know you.”
Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is seeing record customers and we are so excited to be able to provide the product & services needed to the community. NHHC takes pride is being the local place to shop for all you DIY needs and we are growing our team.
The store is currently looking for a Cashier Customer Service Associate. The Cashier Customer Service Associate is a key piece to the overall customer experience. It is the last opportunity we have to ensure the customer was able to find all the items they were looking to buy and answer any questions. To be successful in the Cashier Customer Service role, you will have a can-do attitude, be friendly and have the desire to provide excellent service to our customers. Be part of a long standing, family owned business with opportunity to learn and grow in the hardware/home center industry. Norfolk Companies is very diverse with other businesses and plenty of opportunity for learning and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ring up customers purchases quickly and accurately, handle cash, checks and credit card transactions per company policy.
• Call for another cashier to open up if more than 2 people are waiting in your line, or if the transaction is taking a long time to complete.
• Assist customers by answering questions, directing them to items in the store, and answering phones.
• Reduce shrinkage by assist other cashiers by point out items on carts or under carriages they may not be able to see.
• Keep register area clean and stocked with bags, register tape, pens, etc.
• Regular, on-time attendance is an essential function of this job.
• High level of safety consciousness to ensure safe operations for Norfolk customers and employees.
• Maintain a positive image as a Norfolk Hardware and Norfolk Kitchen and Bath employee. Address all situations in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good communication and customer service skills via face to face and phone, with a varying customer base
• Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
• Good computer skills
• Ability to assist customers with product inquiries
• Ability to complete basic math
Education and Experience
• 1+ year customer service/cashier experience (preferable with one employer)
• Hardware store experience desired
• Neat and presentable appearance
• Professional demeanor
• Able to stand for long periods
• Frequently needed to walk the store and occasionally climb stepstool or ladder
• Able to communicate verbally with customers
• Able to read computer screen and price tags with small print
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.