L3DFX is seeking a highly organized, creative, personable and experienced individual to take a role as a Mechanical Engineer. As part of our team, you would work with our Design and Production Department to ensure the successful development, planning, and full execution of a project. If you're a Mechanical Engineer looking to get into an exciting industry, Themed Entertainment is among the best. L3DFX provides design/build services to industries ranging from theme parks to major motion pictures. Yes, it's as intriguing as it sounds.
- Develop strategies to custom build elements such as show set pieces/static props to innovative mechanical interactions
- Assist design team to develop project approach and strategies to achieve build requirements
- Develop materials to be used in the build and create a Bill of Materials
- Identify and source components for the project that provide the desired effect
- Design and develop assembly strategies for various project elements
- Research, study and identify comparable design strategies for implementation
- Use Solidworks and CAD software to create preliminary and detailed models and drawings of the product
- Produce construction documentation and specifications for build
- As required, build models and prototypes of the components, products or concepts to test and validate design intent
- Cooperate with production staff to resolve any issues related to design
- Travel to project sites may be required from time to time
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Creative problem solver
- Proficient with Solidworks, Fusion360 or other CAD software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Two years of related experience preferred.