L3DFX is looking for a creative and resourceful person who can take a hands-on approach in a fast paced, themed scenic construction shop. We currently have a position for a dynamic, self-sufficient scenic carpenter. This team member must be a problem solver and must be ready to jump in immediately to help build, install and strike themed scenery. L3DFX builds sets, props, theme park attractions, trade show exhibits, live entertainment attractions and more! This is your chance to use your carpentry skill set to entertain millions of people!
- Safe operation and knowledge of hand and power tools as well as typical woodshop equipment
- Work with wood, metals, plastics and other materials to build and/or repair scenic elements
- Ability to read shop and construction drawings
- 2 year(s) work experience, preferably in scenic, set, theatre or finish carpentry
- Knowledge of various panel materials such as pvc, aluminum, acrylic, etc a plus
- Demonstrate high quality, precision work with clean finish results consistently
- Experience building furniture, cabinets, or other creative woodworking experience a huge plus
- Must be punctual and have own transportation
- Positive, hardworking attitude.
- Team oriented
- Able to work flexible hours
- Ability to problem solve
BIG, BIG PLUS IF YOU’VE GOT THESE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE...
- Artistic, creative ability
- Millworking or Furniture Building
- Theater, television or film set background
- Trade show display construction
- Cabinetry or furniture fabrication
- High school or equivalent
- Carpentry: 2 years