The Vice President of Technology oversees the Technology department (including IT Services, Point-of-Sale, and Web Development) day to day, operational functions in the ministry and is responsible for a team of managers, oversee ministry technology operations and the implementation of new technology systems and policies, have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate their teams. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing applications, policies and other systems that will meet ministry leadership vision. The larger goal of the VP of Technology is to ensure technological systems and personnel are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time, and the heart of the ministry. All work is to be done with excellence and professionalism at all times, with conduct worthy of the cause of Christ while displaying our Core Values of SERVE to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Collaborate daily with team to develop a SERVE culture.
- Support and promote Answers in Genesis, Creation Museum, and Ark Encounter.
- Oversee all technology operations, setting objectives and strategies, and evaluate them according to established goals to enhance or replace.
- Devise and establish policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Select and implement suitable, efficient and cost-effective technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
- Oversee the design and customization of technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience.
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to Technology professionals and other staff within the ministry.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the ministry can increase its reach and impact.
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify the need for software upgrades, configurations, or new systems.
- Coordinate managers and supervise data scientists, technicians, and other professionals to provide guidance.
- Control budget and report on expenditures.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.