The Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT) is the premier trade association serving the manufacturing technology industry. We represent and promote U.S.-based manufacturing technology (MT) and its members—those who design, build, sell, and service the continuously evolving technology that lies at the heart of manufacturing. AMT owns and operates the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) which is the leading manufacturing technology tradeshow in North America. If you don’t know the difference between a lathe and a mill, just have the desire to learn and we will teach you. Are robotics or 3D printing more your speed? We represent those companies too! Our aim is to give the MT industry the tools it needs to remain globally competitive and stay at the forefront of innovation.
The Content Marketing Specialist will play an important role in the Association’s efforts to grow our community and revenue by creating and executing strategies to expand the reach of our content and marketing efforts. You would be joining the organization at an exciting time; this is a new investment for AMT and you would be the first person to fill this position. The Content Marketing Specialist will operate at the intersection of digital content marketing and database analytics. Your day-to-day would consist of managing social media accounts, analyzing audience data, and working collaboratively with other team members to improve content marketing, data collection and user experiences. Inquisitive self-starters who like developing creative solutions to new problems are strongly encouraged to apply. We relish a good challenge and you should too!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage multiple corporate social media accounts in coordination with other team members.
• Collaborate with other staff members that have an active digital presence to better engage with the manufacturing technology community.
• Identify, segment and target key digital audience sectors with specific content and messaging to grow those groups and improve their engagement.
• Work with appropriate teams to convert the Association’s digital audience to users of our products and services.
• Define KPIs and gather performance analytics on digital media channels and report out to manager and teammates.
• Coordinate with other departments around AMT to develop, improve and implement new processes for gathering and storing data on audience.
• Utilize data to identify trends and provide actionable insights with the goal of creating audience and user personas that will be used in content creation, marketing and sales efforts, and product development.
• Represent AMT at relevant industry events and use those opportunities to learn about the different people that work in the manufacturing industry.
• 1-5 years of professional experience in audience development, content marketing, community engagement, marketing analytics, database marketing or related fields.
• Experience running corporate social media accounts on multiple platforms with a focus on targeting and growing specific audience segments.
• A strong business development orientation with a focus on improving product performance and user experience.
• Understanding of – and alignment towards – database marketing.
• Knowledge and experience in data analytics, market segmentation and persona creation.
• Strong communication skills and previous involvement in both B2B and B2C marketing efforts.
• An interest in manufacturing and a passion for new technology.
• Experience with Salesforce and related add-ons, Google Analytics, content management systems, and other analytical tools.
• An inquisitive, analytical mind that is not afraid to consider other opinions or provide their own.
• Bachelor’s degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, marketing, creative writing or related field with expertise in user experience, social media, logic and analysis.