Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: Quality Manager
This position will continually work with suppliers to improve performance, implement process control and quality plans, as well as develop and maintain supplier quality metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform supplier quality systems audits and provide support for supplier quality systems improvement.
• Supplier approval audit & special process compliance, and analyze supplier capabilities. (PPAP & Control Plan Documents)
• Actively participate in supplier development program.
• Monitor and control supplier Quality performance.
• Collaborate with Purchasing Department & Engineering Department for new product changes requiring Quality approval of component parts prior to releasing parts for Manufacturing & Assembly.
• Perform first article inspection and documentation.
• Manage implementation and verification of supplier corrective actions.
• Coordinate with vendor and Purchasing Department to process any replacement parts &/or credit for defective quality parts.
• Work with Manufacturing Supervisors & Scheduling Department to coordinate any supplier quality defects that may result in shortages to production schedule.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blueprints or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• High Level knowledge of process control fundamentals, techniques and auditing.
• Advanced experience implementing Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and/or Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
• Ability to implement Continuous Improvement tools and problem-solving processes.
• Strong understanding of ISO requirements.
• Advanced MS Office experience (Excel, Word).
• Bachelor’s degree in a Quality or Engineering related discipline required
• A minimum of five years of related experience required
• A minimum of five years in a manufacturing environment responsible for developing and/or assuring robust production processes.
• To make the world more secure today and into the future
• S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations
• Must be a champion of our corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Some minor travel may be required.