Seasonal – Horticulture Specialists are responsible for creating the best experience possible for our guests. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Answers in Genesis attractions and serving others, enthusiastic, energetic, an excellent multi-tasker, and able and willing to fill or change positions quickly. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Participate in a range of grounds maintenance practices to ensure our guests are exposed to attractive natural settings, beautiful garden displays and park settings, as well as educational gardens
- Prepare and maintain multiple greenhouses
- Responsible for day to day involvement in the growing of plants and implementation of reliable growing processes, including irrigation, temperature, growing media, fertilization, nutrition, and monitoring the overall health of plants
- May operate hand tools such as pruners hand saw, hammer, shovels, rakes, pitch forks etc.
- Assist in keeping gardens in balance with regards to insect and disease problems, seasonal mulching and dyeing of garden areas, fall leaf removal.
- May assist in installation of Christmas lights and outdoor landscape lights.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.