Job Title: Shipping Supervisor
Department: Handler & Processor
FLSA: Exempt: Salary
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: VP of Global Supply Chain & Log
Supervises: Material Handlers
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly supervises employees in the Handler & Processor Department.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and maintaining payroll timecard records.
• Provides a safe work environment including, but not limited to, having monthly safety meetings, active departmental safety committees, regular review of departmental practices and safety policy and complete cooperation with corporate safety officer.
• Enforces safety regulations.
• Schedule the necessary trucking to ensure timely delivery of orders to our customers.
• Invoice finished goods that are ready. This includes international and domestic orders.
• Keep record of import and export documentation for duty drawbacks.
• Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
• Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications and seals truck doors.
• Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair. Maintains vehicle maintenance report.
• Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
• Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• High school diploma plus one-year certificate from college or technical school; or at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• To make the world more secure today and into the future
• S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations
• Must be a champion of our corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers to operate office machines and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasion required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.