We are L3DFX. We create some of the entertainment industry's most exciting scenic, theming, props, and special effects. If you've ever marveled at the works of a theme park, major motion picture, or entertainment center this is the job for you!
We are looking for a detail oriented and resourceful person who can take a hands-on approach with projects. You're going to be elbow deep in some creative and dynamic work. We are currently looking for an energetic, innovative, Programmer with experience working in a fast-paced environment. This team member must be a problem solver and must be ready to jump in immediately.
Job Summary: The Programmer will develop, create, and modify software for use with electronics to create interactive experiences for the entertainment industry.
Duties/Responsibilities: *Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Creates source code, edits, debugs and implements software to control a desired effect.
- Collects information on project specifications, performance requirements, and known capabilities and limitations.
- Reviews and modifies existing software to improve performance, correct errors, and conform with compatibility requirements of deployed hardware.
- Determines feasibility of proposed application modifications or design, ensuring the needs and requirements of the user will be met within time and cost requirements.
- Designs programs to meet the project requirements, collaborating with applicable team members including.
- Possess a working Familiarity with IoT and Show Control Protocols: MQTT, DMX, OSC, MIDI, ArtNET
- Develops testing and validation procedures; compiles relevant documentation.
- Trains, or provides training documentation to users.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Creating and Managing database systems to maintain code for easy access and update.
- Possess ability to use basic shop tools for prototype boards, and basic electrical troubleshooting
- Provides tech support to installation teams and/or clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to create reports and documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Background in Themed Entertainment preferred, but suitable experience from Automation, Show controls or Live Show entertainment also acceptable.
- Experience with show control hardware a bonus, but not required.
- Experience with robotics and animatronics a bonus, but not required
- Experience with lighting controls / programming a bonus, but not required
- Familiar with PCB Design in Eagle CAD or similar
- Basic CAD in Solidworks (preferred), AutoCAD or Fusion360