A web designer will use a variety of creative tools and online technologies to create innovative, useful, and effective user experiences on all of AiG’s digital products and platforms. The position is also accountable for displaying our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Work daily with the overall development of a SERVE culture.
- Create fresh, user experience oriented designs for products, events, outreaches, or special promotions.
- Follow web/UX trends and consider implementations or optimizations for past, current, and future projects.
- Maintain consistent branding & design systems across all web related presences.
- Market products and events with strong, personal calls to action.
- Concept and design large and small imagery for store specials, events, page headers, cross-media branding campaigns, in-page elements, and more.
- Collaborate with management and online store associates to create and send weekly email campaigns and ensure compatibility for multiple email clients (Outlook, Apple Mail, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, etc.).
- Implement own or others' web designs into existing CSS frameworks and content management systems (CMS).
- Provide progressive enhancement across modern web browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, and Safari) and graceful degradation for less-popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.).
- Design or oversee mobile website and application design using mobile first responsive best practices to support all modern mobile devices.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.