L3DFX is looking for an imaginative, creative and resourceful person who can take a hands-on approach in our scenic/prop shop. We currently have a position for an Electronics Technician. This team member must be a problem solver and must be ready to jump in immediately to help our props, characters and scenery come to life! L3DFX builds scenic sets, movie props, theme park attractions, live entertainment attractions, museum displays and more! This is your chance to do more with your skill set to entertain millions of people.
Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities: *Other duties may be assigned
- Troubleshoot and Repair Electronics Systems
- Install New Electronic Equipment, Wiring and Components
- Update Software and Run Tests on Existing Equipment
- Understand Standard Test Equipment – (oscilloscopes, counters, multimeters)
- Understand Electronic Components – (motors, resistors, transistors, capacitors)
- Configure and assemble small electrical enclosures and junction boxes.
- Interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and drawings in order to complete the project results.
- Maintain all relevant standards and best practices
- Maintain tools, work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow safe working practices.
- Occasionally travel to complete site work.
- Collaborate and communicate with other Technicians.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will improve the build quality or efficiency.
- Ability to work safely and productively around high value clients.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED from accredited institution required
- Electronics Technician Certification or related degree preferred
- Varied knowledge of electronics systems
- Knowledge of electrical schematics and systems
- Knowledge of installation of related hardware, wiring, soldering tools, crimpers and other related equipment
- Experience working in the entertainment industry, preferred, but not required
- Experience with Arduino and Raspberry Pi hardware preferred
- On the spot problem solving abilities