Employers Council is a Denver based Employers Association committed to partnering with employers to grow exceptional workplaces. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational management and human resources expertise and services, including virtual and in person employee training. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
This position calls for a full-time, team-oriented leader for our Utah Office. This individual will direct the member services staff of a Regional Office, mange efforts to retain members/clients, and oversee the day-to-day general operations. Employers Council strives to maintain a friendly and collaborative work environment and offers professional growth and development opportunities for all our employees.
• Understands, appreciates, and utilizes the budgeting and business planning process
• Continually examines office practices to find more efficiencies and smoother workflow
• Ensures Regional Staff are adequately trained and efficiently using technology to improve workflow, workload, and to meet member needs
• Provides clear, direct feedback to staff for clarity and improvement as needed
• Works with Officers and Directors to set and achieve member service goals and objectives
• Manages physical office space, office budget, and approves office and staff expenses
• Supports the Business Development Director and sales team when needed to establish and leverage existing local business connections that add value to the sales process
• Manages staff hiring and onboarding processes
• Conducts or coordinates staff training and provides support, and sets expectations for staff to provide excellent member service
• Values each team member and helps them develop professionally
• Ensures that building an exceptional workplace starts with that team
Member Retention Activities
• Represents Employers Council through active participation in local organizations, trade associations, and chambers within the region to build relationships and promote brand recognition
• Collaborates closely with Marketing and Sales to maximize efforts in member retention
• Calls on members who are having difficulty with staying current on dues payments
• Shares member retention best practices with fellow Member Services Directors
• Periodically attends training to enhance consultative engagement skills
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with executive level contacts in local business community
• Coordinates with Corporate Training and Events Department and others to develop and deliver local trainings and events that drive member and non-member revenue
• Ensures high level of customer service from regional staff to members in their region and throughout the organization
• Works with all departments to provide an excellent membership experience
• Develops and works alongside staff to accurately assess and diagnose member needs in ways that promote deeper use and reliance on the Council’s support, including For-Fee services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, competently and in a timely manner. The individual must demonstrate initiative and the ability to be a problem solver, in what can be a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree (with post graduate degrees preferred)
• Employment law and/or Human Resources experience preferred
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team, drive revenue, and manage a budget
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute plans to meet Council and member needs
• Continuous-improvement attitude
• Must have reliable personal transportation with ability to travel within the region and occasional travel outside the region
• Must live in region served within reasonable proximity to the office
Exemption Status: Exempt Full-time
Starting weekly salary range: $1,917.31 - $2,396.88
Benefits: Employers Council provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Insured group health, dental, & vison plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans are available
• Long term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans
• Life, AD&D, Long term disability plans primarily paid for by employer
• A generous mix of vacation, sick and holiday paid days off
• Relocation assistance is not available for this
General office environment, 0ccasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.