This position requires the procurement of merchandise offered for sale at the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter. The retail buyer needs to possess exceptional organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, strong interpersonal relationship skills, strong written and verbal skills and be able to creatively problem solve. Work is performed in accordance with applicable standards and AIG internal policies. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Keep within budget projections, profit expectations and open to buy
- Consider customer demand, including price, quality, and availability
- Build relationships with suppliers
- Research, select and procure merchandise via internal supply chain process
- Work with warehouse/receiving team to ensure quality and efficiency in receiving product
- Work with accounts payable to ensure timely vendor payment and set up of new accounts
- Review reports and manage stock levels
- Promote effective communication between the buying team and other AiG staff
- Respect and follow Creation Museum/Ark Encounter policies
- Work with store managers to develop inventory control
- Work with retail director, store managers and merchandise coordinator to develop merchandising plan
- Problem solve and come up with creative solutions for ongoing challenges
- Collaborate with AiG teams to create custom product
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards .
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management