Goebel is dedicated to providing interior fixtures to major players in retail and hospitality markets. With over 80 years of experience, we continue to live true to our vision of being an industry leader through our skilled employees, supreme customer service, and unmatched quality. We believe in keeping promises, surpassing expectations, and providing unparalleled customer service, which has allowed us the privilege to be aligned with the best.
Goebel is searching for a CNC Operator – Wood to join our Team. Goebel is a progressive and forward-thinking company that places value on positive attitude, personal motivation and drive. You will work in an exciting environment that provides ever-changing challenges coupled with an organization that is committed to your success. We offer a competitive salary with a great benefits package, and we look forward to receiving your resume. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our business at www.gf.com
Summary: The CNC Operator - Wood role is responsible for setting up and operating CNC equipment in our wood products operation including, but not limited to routers, panel saws and edge banders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Establishes and sets controls to regulate factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut according to established guidelines and procedures.
• Evaluate and validate CNC tools and paths for each component part and be able to adjust parameters if needed.
• Properly install, calibrate and test machine tooling.
• Properly load raw materials and/or parts onto machines.
• Starts and observes machine operation for malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
• Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using measuring and inspection tools.
• Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required to ensure functionality.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment in like-new appearance, according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
• Perform duties in accordance with the production schedule within allotted budgets.
• Capacity to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and urgency.
• Interpret complex drawings, apply knowledge to solutions and incorporate changes when deemed necessary.
• Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Be a team player by displaying a positive outlook, offering assistance to co-workers, communicating effectively and working cooperatively in a team environment
• Effectively manage time and priorities
• Adapt to change and be open to new ideas
• Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
• Observe safety procedures by using equipment and materials properly
• Display a commitment to excellence and monitor quality for internal and external customers
• Problem solve by gathering and analyzing information skillfully and in a timely manner
• Math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication, algebra, and geometry
• Effectively interface with internal software such as ERP, drawing viewers, MS Office and dedicated machine controls.
• A two-year technical degree in CNC operation or equivalent CNC operation experience.
• Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office and drawing/model viewers such as Autodesk TrueView and eDrawing Viewer
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Exceptional knowledge of shop drawings, bill of material structure, routing structure, work center methodology and standard machining methods.
• Previous CNC programming experience
• Woodworking / Cabinet-making experience
• 1-10%: Sitting, Low Level Position, Crouching, Climbing-Stairs, Climbing-Ladder, Balancing, Climbing-Forklift
• 11-33%: Bending/Stooping, Twisting, Reaching-Overhead, Climbing-Forklift
• 34-66%: Standing, Walking, Bending/Stooping, Reaching-Forward, Reaching-Low Level, Push/Pull
• 67-100%: Reaching-Forward
• 1-10%: 75-100 lbs., over 100 lbs.
• 11-33%: 25-34 lbs., 35-50 lbs., 51-74 lbs.
• 34-66%: up to 10 lbs., 11-24 lbs., 25-34 lbs.