Full Time, Exempt
Reporting to Manufacturing Engineering Lead
As the leader of a team, a team member, or an individual contributor, the Manufacturing Engineer will design manufacturing processes and implement operational readiness programs for Alert’s new product development process from planning through product launch. This position will perform the critical role of influencing new product design to ensure that it is optimized for manufacturing cost and quality in addition to meeting all specified requirements. This position will also support sustaining engineering projects including introduction and optimization through the supply chain and field installation.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the organization, the right candidate will possess the ability to work on many projects simultaneously, design and execute tests, learn from tests and mistakes, implement learnings and process change as appropriate, and adapt easily to changes. This position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their team’s work and can execute responsibilities with little supervision.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Performs DFx analysis of components and assemblies to achieve high quality robust products repeatedly to meet cost targets.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement on product/process for cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency improvement.
- Presents process concept proposals and implement approved processes on schedule and within budget.
- Monitors and assures assigned processes are and continue to be compliant with all safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements. Audit both administrative and engineering controls. Communicate findings, take corrective action, and design/implement engineered solutions when appropriate to maintain effective compliance.
- Develops and documents manufacturing and installation processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing/installation methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing/installation efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment requirements.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing/installation processes.
- Identifies assembly tooling and fixtures to support product manufacturing and installation.
- Work closely with engineering and product development teams to structure Bills of Materials, Drawings and Work Instructions to support outsourcing, product transfer, and field installation.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Problem-solve issues in an effective and efficient manner.
- Understand product development process and work within a formal stage/gate development process.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines, and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Resolve emergent engineering related production barriers. Provide technical assistance through the supply chain and field installations as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings and Bills of Materials. Proficiently use CAD systems such as Solidworks or Pro/E
- Experience developing PFMEAs and control plans to identify, mitigate and manage production based risks.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques including Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- In depth understanding of manufacturing methods & procedures
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads.
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements.
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a similar role and level of responsibility
- Must have 3+ years of experience in working in a high tech electro-mechanical assembly manufacturing environment. Experience in field installations, a plus.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.