Answers in Genesis is seeking a lead UX designer who will be responsible for leading a team to design and develop frontend code (HTML/CSS) for all of AiG's digital products including websites, emails, digital images and graphics, and other web applications. Candidate must be able to create visually appealing and functional designs using a variety of creative tools and online technologies while maintaining brand integrity. A thorough understanding of branding, user experience, responsive, and mobile-first design practices is required. Familiarity with content management systems, inbound marketing strategies, and versioning software is preferred. All work is to be done with excellence and professionalism at all times, with conduct worthy of the cause of Christ while displaying our Core Values of SERVE to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Collaborate daily with team to development a SERVE culture.
- Support and promote Answers in Genesis, Creation Museum, and Ark Encounter
- Supervise, direct, and approve designs created by web designers.
- Work closely with web developers to plan out the user experience for website features.
- Work closely with marketers to delegate and create designs that promote products, attractions, events, etc.
- Follow web/UX trends and consider implementations or optimizations for past, current, and future projects.
- Maintain consistent branding & design systems across all web related presences.
- Implement own or others' web designs into existing CSS frameworks and content management systems (CMS).
- Design or oversee mobile website and application design using mobile first responsive best practices to support all modern mobile devices.
- Design web banners and social media graphics for web articles, store specials, events, cross-media branding campaigns, in-page elements, and more.
- Collaborate with management and online store associates to create and send email campaigns and ensure compatibility for multiple email clients (Outlook, Apple Mail, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, etc.).
- Provide progressive enhancement across modern web browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, and Safari) and graceful degradation for less-popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.).
- Communicate the design vision and direction to the rest of the web design team.
- Encourage and mentor team members to improve their skills and team dynamic.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.