Nuvve Corp. is a San Diego based company, whose mission is to lower the cost of electrical vehicle (EV) ownership while supporting the integration of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar. Our Grid Integrated Vehicle platform GIVe™ transforms EVs into grid assets when charging while guaranteeing the expected level of charge when the vehicle owner needs it. The aggregation of thousands of electric vehicles into a virtual power plant using the GIVe™ platform, allows Nuvve to participate in electricity markets with a power capacity comparable to traditional generators. Based on “Vehicle To Grid” technology or “V2G”, the GIVe™ platform delivers value to public organizations, businesses and homes by reducing the cost of adopting & supporting electrified transportation and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nuvve is looking for an experienced Product Manager to enrich the long-term vision and strategy of our software platform while owning the product development lifecycle. We are looking for a consummate team player adept at managing relationships and collaborating across a variety of organizational functions, who can jump in and thrive in a startup environment.
As an industry leader, we expect our team to be willing to learn to accomplish their work with the highest operational excellence. You will work internally across departments and externally with clients and vendors, so it is imperative to always demonstrate the highest level of professionalism.
This is a full-time position with 100% company paid benefits.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. While our San Diego office is currently closed to the public, and we moved toward our new norm of conducting business, please rest assured that we are taking all necessary precautions including practicing social distancing and sanitation. As a result, we have made changes to our workplace and hiring guidelines to conform with CDC requirements.
•Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth.
•Create and manage full product lifecycle, including concept, design, production, testing, forecasting, cost, support, and end of life.
•Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
•Drive product launches, including working with Marketing, Business Development, and otherExecutives.
•Develop market requirements and product requirements (MRD, PRD).
•Organize and maintain project-related information.
•Gather and analyze data and business intelligence, using this data to inform the evolution of the product roadmap.
•Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
•Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
•Enrich the long-term vision and strategy for Nuvve’s software platform and communicate this to all relevant participants and stakeholders.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in product management of IoT type solutions.
• Engineering degree in any of the following – (Electrical, Computer Science, Energy systems). Additional MBA or equivalent related industry experience preferred.
• Prior roles in product management for IoT & cloud-based solutions/products with real-time application characteristics using web and mobile front-end applications.
• Good industry awareness in: Utilities and energy markets, Commercial and Industrial electrical energy management using front-of-meter and behind-the-meter strategies, Electric transportation and related electrical technologies and standards, SaaS based business models.
• Understanding of EVs, EV charging stations, and energy markets and services such as demand response, frequency regulation
• Familiarity with international vehicle standards such as SAE, ISO, UL, CHAdeMO, CCS.
• Proficient in developing IoT software products in an Agile development environment and working with a distributed engineering team in a startup mode.
• Proficient in developing platform-oriented solutions that scale through integrations with 3rd party applications using secure, open interfaces.
• Proficient in product lifecycle management including product roadmap development, feature prioritization, effort estimation, customer value assessment, new product introduction, migrations/phased upgrades, and end-of-life programs.
• Good understanding of hybrid (cloud/edge) solution architectures, information and network security considerations, wired and wireless internetworking considerations, role-based access control considerations for cloud and mobile applications.
• Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence, Jira, and Salesforce.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• This position may require domestic and international travel to customer and potential sites.
• Industry awareness in: Distributed energy resources and energy storage, smart mobility, micro-grid architectures, energy performance contracting, Measurement & Verification related to energy performance contracting.
• Functional knowledge of following industry specific protocols as it relates to developing software applications : ISO-15118, OCPP, CSIP, OSCP, 2030.5, Modbus, DNP3
• Understanding of the application of AI/ML based approaches for prediction and optimization type problems in the energy management space
• Understanding of Joint Venture relationships