Nuvve Corp. is a San Diego based company, whose mission is to lower the cost of electrical vehicle (EV) ownership while supporting the integration of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar. Our Grid Integrated Vehicle platform GIVe™ transforms EVs into grid assets when charging while guaranteeing the expected level of charge when the vehicle owner needs it. The aggregation of thousands of electric vehicles into a virtual power plant using the GIVe platform, allows Nuvve to participate in electricity markets with a power capacity comparable to traditional generators. Based on “Vehicle To Grid” technology or “v2g” the GIVe platform gives benefits to public organizations, businesses and homes by reducing the cost of electric infrastructure and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nuvve is looking for a Systems Engineer with EV and EV Supply Equipment experience to work on Nuvve’s full solution containing hardware and software. You will be joining a small but fast-paced, global team of innovators with a history of rapidly developing and delivering solutions to meet the high demands of this dynamic company. As an industry leader, we expect our team members to accomplish their work with the highest level of operational excellence and professionalism.
This is a full-time position with 100% company paid benefits.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. While our San Diego office is currently closed to the public, and we moved toward our new norm of conducting business, please rest assured that we are taking all necessary precautions including practicing social distancing and sanitation. As a result, we have made changes to our workplace and hiring guidelines to conform with CDC requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
• Ability to work individually and in a team setting
• Ability to understand complex systems
• Develop new V2G systems and/or lead existing V2G systems
• Deliver documentation or designs as required
• Capture requirements and use cases as required
• Own and review work for accuracy, quality, performance and completeness
• Work with automotive OEMs, EVSE manufacturers, and suppliers
• Work with product managers, project managers and technical teams in order to deliver high-quality products that meet business objectives
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications / Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• BS/MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related area or equivalent experience
• 2+ years total years of experience working in the e-mobility field
• 2+ years of experience with EVs and EVSEs
• System level understanding
• Proven working experience with EVSE and EV standards
• Circuit design and analysis experience
• Embedded SW experience with strong knowledge of: C, C++
• Computer networking experience
• System automation
• Level 3 system support
• Understanding of energy markets
• Circuit simulation
• Standards including: SAE J1772, SAE J3068, SAE J3072, ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, IEC 61851-1, IEC 61851-23, IEEE 2030.5, IEEE 1547, UL 1741.
• Custom APIs knowledge
• Telematics Systems
• Utility grade metering