Planning and Program Implementation
• Supervises, coordinates, and evaluates the teaching of children within the classroom environment.
• Coaches/mentors assigned teaching staff regarding curriculum and care planning for groups and individuals.
• Participates in actual teaching and demonstrates and applies appropriate methods, materials, and accepted practices.
• Provides direction and tracks adherence to individual lesson plans.
• Assures regular reporting of child progress and child center activities.
• Provides mentoring based on classroom observation. Involves parents and promotes knowledge of educational activities and student development goals.
• Considers student health and safety and effective learning and reinforcement techniques.
• Monitors parent conferences, and develops and informs parents and staff regarding IFSP goals.
• Maintains current knowledge of teaching techniques through child development classes, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Prepares and maintains necessary and mandated records and related documents.
CCL/Early Head Start
• Completes daily head counts and ensures that ratios are met at all times.
• Completes paperwork and reports any symptoms of child abuse to the Child Development Specialist and Child Abuse Hotline, supports teachers to make necessary reports.
• Completes and maintains Licensing forms as needed.
• Ensures site compliance with all CCL requirements and Head Start Performance Standards
• Ensures monitoring of classroom quality and site safety at all times
• Schedules supervision meetings with teachers on a monthly basis or as needed.
• Develops/monitors Professional Development Goals for all teaching staff.
• Participates in the orientation of teaching staff.
• Conducts annual evaluation of teaching staff/floaters.
• Responsible for reviewing/approving timesheets, work orders, purchase orders, and other supporting documentation.
• Completes and follows up with all site visits for Community Care Licensing
• Completes and ensures all required reports are maintained and submitted to appropriate parties.
• Developments and monitors goals for the site and individual classrooms.
• Completes reports and communicates problems directly to supervisor as needed.
• Supervises and monitors child files and assists staff in the compliance of file requirements.
• May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.