Our physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare costs, while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee productivity. To accomplish these goals, Coastal Occupational Medicine is outcome focused and provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
As a Physician Assistant, you will contribute to the patient experience from start to finish. This role demands multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Your role will be to help with patient flow during the day and communicate instructions to patients.
If you have the ability to represent the highest quality of care in all aspects of patient engagement, and a willingness to demonstrate a very caring and respectful demeanor we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission of offering highly personalized, compassionate care and be excited by the opportunity to learn and grow with the Practice. Candidate should also be able to demonstrate a positive attitude, strong communication and computer skills.
• Minimum one (1) year experience, 2000+ clinical hours, and experience in Occupational Health unless specified.
• Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant program.
• Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
• Current California Physician Assistant License.
• National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
• DEA Registration Number.
• CPR and AED Certified.
• Understands general medical and surgical conditions based on knowledge of the indications, contraindications, and side effects.
• Maintains accurate, and complete medical records.
• Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA, and OSHA.
• Professional appearance at all times.
• Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills.
• Team player.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Adaptable in different situations.
• Able to multi-task and work independently.
• Must be flexible with hours/shifts
• Knowledge of basic office equipment such as scanners, electronic faxing, iPad, copy machine, etc.