The Account Analyst supports the account management team with various administrative service functions in the Personal Insurance, Business Insurance, or Employee Benefits Departments
- Process all incoming mail for assigned team
- Process notices of cancellations, non-renewals, and reinstatements notices. Communicate issues to the account management team (or Account Executive on new business)
- Review for accuracy and process applications, binders, endorsements, renewals, new business policies, census/enrollment requests, and certificates of insurance (applicable by department)
- Handle billing questions, auto ID cards, verification of insurance phone call requests from customers and mortgage/title/closing agents, certificates of insurance, census, and department specific administrative processes.
- Prepare premium quotations on new business, renewal business, and any policy changes on existing policies for the account management team
- Assist team with the preparation of applications and supporting documents
- Understand all carrier online capabilities for billing and processing as necessary to complete your work processes
- Communicate with account management team and Director to provide regular input on all account activity, and workload
- Be familiar with, and adhere to the department’s procedure manual for the processing of your work processes
- Follow all systems, procedures and regulations set forth by both the agency and the insurance companies
- Continue to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Strong data entry skills
- Technical capacity with proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Customer focused
- Willingness to take direction from team members
- Detail oriented
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2 years of insurance experience or undergraduate degree
- Currently pursuing an insurance education designation
This is a full-time position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.