Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list in 2019 and is among the top 5 in Northeast Ohio for growth.
Binary Defense is searching for a Technical Product Owner to play a central role in executing the product roadmap and bringing the product vision to market. The successful candidate will act as the voice of the customer while working daily with engineering teams to help scope, structure, refine, and execute product deliverables.
The Technical Product Owner will decompose high-level product needs and desired outcomes into executable user stories in order to achieve real-world results. The Product Owner will work with the Agile Delivery Manager to create, schedule, and execute sprint activities, manage sprint and epic-level product backlogs, and be a source of detailed product knowledge during the execution and delivery phases of product development.
By delivering on established product goals, realizing product vision, and ensuring the delivery of continuous value to users, the Technical Product Owner will help our company make the world a safer place for our customers and our partners around the globe who count on Binary Defense every minute of every day.
• Partner and closely collaborate with cross-functional teams in development, support, testing, and marketing to drive products and features from concept to launch in a mission-critical cybersecurity environment.
• Translate product vision, themes, objectives, and desired outcomes into well-defined and atomic product requirements, user stories, and acceptance test criteria that can be executed by engineering and development teams.
• Act as the source of detailed scope and product information during execution and delivery phases to ensure desired outcomes reach the market.
• Prioritize and maintain the backlog for assigned products, balancing the product vision and stakeholder requirements with continuous delivery of user value.
• Track and refine progress against established business goals and product priorities.
• Work with Agile Delivery Manager to determine sprint contents, release plans, specific deliverables, milestones, measurables and associated risks and opportunities along the way.
• Work with marketing and sales to define, support, and play a role in executing go-to-market plans and launch activities.
• Define, develop and maintains appropriate metrics and success criteria to measure post-launch product performance and delivered outcomes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
• At least 3 years in a Technical Product Owner role. This is not your first rodeo.
• Strong technical background and able to flourish in the complex world of cybersecurity products and services.
• Pragmatic understanding of what modern Agile principles accomplish, how and why they work, and a deep grasp of how rapidly growing technologies and organizations evolve over time.
• Demonstrated success in decomposing complex product requirements into defined, actionable user stories -- and in creating logically designed iterations and product releases that deliver continuous value to the market over time.
• Proven track record of delivering complex technology solutions with an outcome-based, customer-first mindset.
• Established background in launching enterprise software and services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in iterative development workflows.
• Demonstrated success working in a remote environment with distributed teams across highly technical and non-technical teams.
• Candidate must be able to obtain legal employment in the US. No visa sponsorship.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are critical in this role. Without these, you will not be successful.
• Able to dot every ‘i’ and cross every ‘t” consistently, every time, in all situations.
• Able to work closely with engineering and development team on a daily basis and able to advocate for and execute on the needs of the product.
• Sharp analytical, innovative, and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Able to make continuous forward progress through sometimes competing priorities.
• Ability to anticipate, verbalize, and resolve nuanced conflicts in logic, timing, risk, and scope and able to envision multiple solutions to problems.
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent time and project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
• High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
• Not afraid to ask the hard questions in service of the product vision in order to ensure alignment and successful product outcomes.
• Equal parts ambassador and servant-leader: You can engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to foster collaboration – but you will also roll up your sleeves to help your team push a project across the finish line when the time comes.
• Brings a strong toolbox of knowledge, past experiences, and resourcefulness to the table. You understand success, you’ve experienced failure, and you have learned lessons from each situation that allows you to evolve on-the-fly in the face of change.
• Previous experience in and/or strong aptitude for the cybersecurity field
• Experience with EDR, M-EDR, MDR, or SIEM software
• Experience with enterprise software development
Please include a cover letter with your submission. The cover letter must include the following elements:
• A three-sentence explanation as to why you are interested in this position.
• A YouTube link to your favorite movie scene
• Use of the word byzantine in proper context anywhere in the cover letter
Submissions without these elements will not be considered.