Our physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare costs, while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee productivity. To accomplish these goals, ProCare Workers Comp injury Center is outcome focused and provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
As a X-Ray technician/Medical Assistant, you will contribute to the patient experience from start to finish. This role demands multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Your role will be to help with patient flow during the day and communicate instructions to patients as well as perform x-ray services. If you have the ability to represent the highest quality of care in all aspects of patient engagement, and a willingness to demonstrate a very caring and respectful demeanor we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission of offering highly personalized, compassionate care and be excited by the opportunity to learn and grow with the Practice. Candidate should also be able to demonstrate a positive attitude, strong communication and computer skills.
- Triage and transfer phone calls.
- Respond quickly to emails, phone calls, inquiries, and questions. Interface with external and internal sources to ensure optimal courtesy and efficiency of service.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information, measure vitals, perform x-rays, physicals, immunizations, PFT’s, EKG’s, DS and BAT screening.
- Inform providers of company specific instructions before they see patient.
- Determine patients’ x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain their full cooperation.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to properly set exposure factors.
- Position patient on exam table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Process exposed radiographs.
- Back office: Room patients and collect vitals.
- Perform injections, dispense medications, DME and other requests from providers.
- Responsible for transfer of patient care.
- Maintain clean exam rooms.
- Review patient medical record to assure that all needed test results, forms, and reports are available to physician/provider.
- Scan all charts upon patient checkout.
- Enter patient DMV information online and email certificate to employer.
- Scan specialist reports/medical records and attach them in the Systoc on the same day.
- Scan physicals and screenings and attach them in the Systoc upon exam completion.
- Verify diagnosis codes on work status forms.
- Verify all charges, medications, and supplies are captured and billed on a same day.
- Complete appointment reminders.
- Email missed appointments / cancellations and reschedule.
- Create cancellation letters and email to employer.
- Ensure all physicals and screenings are sent as soon as they are scanned (fax, email).
- Complete daily x-ray log.
- Attach all x-rays to Systoc daily.
- Follow all x-ray guidelines and Title 17 requirements.
- Maintain daily Medication Inventory.
- Ensure medicine cabinet is locked at all times.
- Assure that supplies such as lead shields, calipers, films, positioning sponges, requisition materials, or other required equipment are present and in working order.
- Order all DME and Medical Supplies.
- Process medical records and subpoenas.
- Maintain all licenses and equipment calibration.
- Assist front office as needed.
- Always ensure HIPPA compliance.
- Follow and read company policy.
- Complete any and all other job duties as requested by management.
- Job duties may change to meet clinic needs.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Accurate data entry
3. Detail Oriented
4. Collaboration Skills
5. Ethical Conduct
1. Minimum of 1-year post-graduate experience working as a licensed X-ray technician.
2. Certified Medical Assistant with minimum 2 years experience.
3. Must be fully competent in the task of preparing and taking X-rays.
4. Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA and OSHA.
5. Professional appearance at all times.
6. Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills.
7. Team player.
8. Adaptable in different situations.
9. Able to multi-task and work independently.
10. Must be flexible with hours/shifts.
11. CPR and AED Certified.
• Knowledge of Medical terminology
• Experience in Worker’s Comp
This job operates in a clinical and office setting. This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and x-ray machines.