Bishop LeBlond Memorial High School, serving 165 students in grades nine through twelve, is a Catholic, college preparatory school providing a quality education by embracing academic excellence and promoting social and spiritual growth. The school Principal leads programs which ensure academic excellence as well as the spiritual, moral, physical and emotional development of the school community. The position is considered full time and reports to the Superintendent of Schools of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and facilitate the Church’s teaching mission and provide for religious development of the school community members.
• Identify, implement, and monitor annual goals and strategies to ensure the overall quality of the academic program.
• Implement Diocesan academic standards and benchmarks for the teaching of religion.
• Supervise students and faculty, financial processes and maintenance programs.
• Under supervision of the Superintendent, plan and manage the school’s financial resources toward resource development and monitoring an annual budget.
• Provide for resource development in the broadest sense, including effective public relations programs (parishes, and broader community) and a school marketing program
Skills and Abilities:
• Make timely, well-reasoned decisions; intelligently analyze issues and balance fact-based analysis with intuition, information, and experience.
• Understand the connection between Diocese goals and strategies and turn those into actionable plans and goals.
• Master’s Degree, state certification in administration, with previous experience.
• Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office.
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in a Catholic school environment.
• Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
Bishop LeBlond offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous Vacation and Sick leaves, plus paid Holidays. Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check and acknowledge the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry code of conduct policy prior to beginning work.