NHHC launched an incentive program and create an opportunity for our employees to earn bonus for achieving a common goal.
Better Results = Earn More $$$
Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is proud to be part of the neighborhood for over 86 years. We believe in giving the best experience to our customers and create a workplace to enjoy. We are always looking to build our team with knowledgeable people who know the products we sell and who want to help others find what they need for their home projects.
If you have:
• Knowledge of home building materials (lumber, paint, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate with good listening skills to identify the needs of the customer
• Able to provide professional, customer service with a desire to sell
• Able to work harmoniously with co-workers in all departments
• Prior floor retail sales experience, preferably in hardware or home center industry
• Experience working with the public in a customer service environment with face to face customer interactions
• Experience using various equipment, including key making machine, registers, preferred
• Basic PC skills – able to look up inventory products, ring sales transactions
Daily Job Responsibilities:
• Greet customers courteously and professionally and handle customer requests promptly.
• Sell merchandise and work with customer by asking questions and ensuring they have the product they need.
• Keep up to date on new products in the store.
• Know the location of all stock and floor layout of store.
• Maintain assigned work area/department with regards to cleanliness, stocking and organization.
• Maintain merchandise displays and ensure ease of selection for customers
• Create a positive relationship with store customers with a focus on customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• May perform other duties within the store business requires.
• Frequently required to stand for long periods of time
• Frequently required to walk distances over 200 yards
• Able to lift and move products as needed (up to 40+ without assistance)
• Able to read and comprehend English
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy
• May be exposed to outside weather
• Occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch while working while working with product.
• Frequently required to walk to and from various areas within the facility.
• Periodic evening and weekend work required.
• Professional, clean appearance
• Able to use and view PCs for related inquiries