Employers Council is looking for an experienced, energetic Marketing Manager to lead our marketing efforts across the organization. The Marketing Manager plays a key role in helping position the organization for growth and lead our lead generation efforts to drive revenue across all of our service offerings.
At Employers Council, we are committed to helping employers create exceptional workplaces. We recognize that leaders must be intentional about moving their organization toward greater effectiveness and provide resources and support in a wide variety of ways. We dig into new challenges, lean into change, and continuously look for ways to innovate. The Employers Council team brings deep expertise and consulting services in the areas of human resources, employment law and organizational development, and provides virtual, in person and on demand training in these areas. We serve employers across a wide range of industries and of varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Drives and helps execute overall marketing plan including lead generation, branding and brand awareness, internal and external communications, PR, and partnership marketing
• Manages marketing team, including video coordinator and marketing specialists
• Helps manage external outsourced marketing partners including lead gen and creative, and manages day-to-day activities with partners, and approves marketing deliverables
• Operates as internal PR point of contact
• Develops social media strategy and coordinates with specialists to execute social media campaigns
• Works closely with service lines, training and events, and regional directors to understand revenue and retention goals and helps build marketing plans that achieve objectives
• Functions as main internal liaison for all marketing (internal and external) activities
• Leads efforts to steward the brand and facilitates internal brand training
• Leads content marketing strategy and execution plans
• Monitors key metrics and analytics and makes adjustments to continually improve performance
• Leads website content strategy and leverages all web properties to promote service offerings
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following:
• Demonstrated experience in developing marketing plans and coordinating activities required to deliver on marketing plans
• Experience leading and executing lead generation activities
• Ability to manage a large number of activities across diverse audiences and partners
• Highly skilled communicator, both written and oral
• Must be able to be proactive
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and ability to prioritize competing activities
• Ability to manage expectations of people in higher positions (Directors and above)
• Is strategic, but also demonstrates attention to detail
• Clear and persuasive communicator; listens well and problem solves.
• Willingness and capability to learn a broad knowledge of Employers Council services and apply those to specific needs across all marketing activities
• Strong customer services skills
• Maintains confidentiality
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
• Inspires and treats people with respect and trust
• Displays passion and optimism
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience)
• 5+ years of integrated marketing experience, at least 3 years of experience managing people
• Demonstrated experience utilizing marketing automation tools (e.g. HubSpot)
• Solid understanding of membership organizations
• Experience with marketing HR practices and employment law
• Design and video editing skills
• Website management and working knowledge of WordPress CMS
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. Possible travel to regional offices for events. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Starting weekly salary range: $1,428.85 - $1,750.71
Benefits: Employers Council provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Insured group health, dental, & vison plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans are available
• Long term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans
• Life, AD&D, Long term disability plans primarily paid for by employer
• A generous mix of vacation, sick and holiday paid days off
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.