Our physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare costs, while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee productivity. To accomplish these goals, Akeso Medical is outcome focused and provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
The Medical Billing Specialist will assist with assigned tasks as they relate to revenue cycle management including the review of insurance correspondence and assisting with the implementation of Daisy Bill, a bill processing system.
• Sorts EORs based on review status and required follow up.
• Works Daisy Bill task for accounts receivable tracking.
• Assists with assigned revenue cycle management projects under direction of the Billing and Collections Manager.
• Comply with all applicable HIPAA policies and procedures.?
1. Excellent Customer Service
2. Problem-Solving Skills
3. Detail Oriented
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills
5. Collaboration Skills
6. Ethical Conduct
• Minimum 2 years’ experience, specifically in Medical Billing required, preferable experience in coding and billing
• Extensive knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
• Extensive knowledge of procedure modifiers
• Knowledge of basic office equipment such as scanners, electronic faxing, iPad, copy machines, etc.
• Certification in Medical Billing and Coding
• Knowledge of Medical terminology
• Experience in Worker’s Comp
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position; approximately 24 hours per week.