This position is responsible to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive facilities for Buffalo City Mission while maintaining our vision by adhering to our mission, values and goals. This position must provide the highest level of service to fellow employees, clients and vendors while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
A representative summary of tasks to be performed is provided below. The employee may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this description. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of the Buffalo City Mission.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and waxes the floors, stairs and other surfaces inside the facility.
- Ensures that all entrances are clean and maintained appropriately for the public
- Collects and disposes of trash and debris inside the facility.
- Checks for and replace burned out light bulbs.
- Cleans restrooms.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and cleaning solutions; and advises management of need to re-order
- Notifies Management of any emergency maintenance issues.
- Maintains a welcoming and clean environment for all staff, visitors and customers.
- Reports pest infestation and ensures the timely removal of garbage in compliance with store/building expectations.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as window washing and light bulb changes as required.
- Represent the organization to all clients, volunteers and fellow co-workers in a Christ like manner that serves as an example of Christian behavior.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- High School degree or GED minimum.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances preferred
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- In the midst of a mature walk with Jesus Christ and able to articulate belief.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of safety guidelines and regulations.
- Teamwork -Relates well to all kinds of people regardless of level inside or outside of the organization. Uses diplomacy and tact when dealing with and interacting with others. Diffuses tension. Fosters collegial and cooperative attitudes. Works effectively to achieve common goals.
- - Listens to others, able to communicate issues clearly and credibly with widely varied audiences and overcome resistance; fosters open communication and manages emotion in positive ways.
- Client Focus - Understands and meets customer needs, whether internal or external, providing a high level of service and cooperation courteousness & sensitivity)
- Initiative & Adaptability - Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities along with a personal willingness and ability to respond to changes.
- Christian beliefs compatible with the spiritual and pastoral mission of the Buffalo City Mission. Act as knowledgeable and effective ambassador to the community.
Accountability – Willingly accepts personal responsibility for decisions, actions, attitudes and behaviors that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the organization. Communicates effectively, follows through on assignments, uses resources efficiently, participates in learning opportunities and treats others with respect and dignity.
- Excellence – Serves as a role model and performs job responsibilities to the highest standards in every situation. Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Focus – Understands and demonstrates behaviors consistent with the mission and values of the organization while contributing to the overall success of the strategic plan.