Summary: Responsible for repairing and reconditioning forklifts. Also responsible for evaluating for approvals and ordering of parts by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Evaluates forklifts.*
2. Repairs and orders parts.*
3. Ensures maintenance of forklifts.*
4. Responsible for fabrications.*
5. Checks and tests equipment*
6. Loads testing G batteries.*
7. Repairs and replaces cells on batteries.*
8. Test and repair chargers.*
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Knowledge of welding and fabrication
• Ability to troubleshoot issues
• Knowledge of electronics