BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Southeast Asia
FLSA: Exempt: Salary
Travel: 50% - 75% Annually
Reports to: Director of Sales, APAC
Job Summary: The objective of this position is to contribute to S&G growth in market share through the development of existing and emerging markets toward maximizing sales and profitability. This position is responsible for engaging with and developing relationships with key strategic alliances. This individual plans and coordinates the execution of sales activities of the organization’s products and/or services and works closely with the S&G team to drive revenue. The relationships that this role manages are with OEM, Distributor and End-User partners that are identified as being most strategic to S&G. The individual must operate as a strong team player, leveraging relationships, and demonstrate strong influence management skills, collaboration and business expertise. The Business Development Manager will take a consultative approach, and act as a key strategic member who works closely with the Director of Sales, APAC for deployment of strategic plans within their territory.
Territory: Based in Southeast Asia, this territory will have coverage of Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and other areas outlined by the Director of Sales, APAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner for business growth initiatives as a for strategic Market Development, Emerging-market New Product Development, Product Positioning, and value-based Sales Strategies.
• Exercise a functioning knowledge of key aspects related to Security hardware within the markets S&G operates in, market analysis acquisition or buildout, customer-driven product development, product valuation, and promotional programs toward supporting the short to medium growth plans of S&G.
• Developing new markets and expanding the customer base by identifying, qualifying and quantifying new market opportunities together with the Sales leader.
• Establish new Distribution and OEM partners within territory for expanded sales reach.
• Develops value proposition to differentiate S&G offerings for identified applications in all market segments.
• Develops and drives strategic alliances with end-user customers, directly or together with local distributors (banks, retailers, convenient stores, CIT, fast food, government, etc.)
• Secure initial and ongoing meetings and conduct strategic and effective sales presentations with key decision makers to cultivate existing accounts and to generate new business.
• He/She coordinates cross functional S&G resources to ensure alignment of partner activities with the strategies developed and deployed for all markets.
• Analyzes and controls sales expenditures consistent with the annual business plan.
• Meets or Exceeds defined sales objectives.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work collaboratively under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, large-scale and time-critical projects.
• Experience working within the Security.
• Strategic mindset and the ability to execute effective strategic plans within business opportunities.
• Ability to identify and understand market segmentation, customer-driven value, and operational capabilities toward developing concise business development strategies, and delivering proposals to leadership.
• Understanding of mechanical and digital hardware systems and iOT applications in secure installations.
• Fluent in English, additional language skills for SEA Countries would be a plus.
• Ability and willingness to work independently.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university.
• Proven customer relationship management skills; to include strong interpersonal and negotiation abilities.
• Technical training experience a plus
• Good IT knowledge
• At least 5 years of Sales experience and acknowledged track record in business development, account management and sales growth.
• Must be able and willing to travel both domestically and international between 50% - 70% (including some weekends).
• Demonstrated presentation, interpersonal, influencing, and analytical skills
• Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.