Reports to: Assistant General Manager, General Manager
Job Purpose: Primary purpose is to officially perform the end of day accounting closing procedures for the hotel and ensure that all required accounting reports and functions are performed correctly and efficiently. In addition, when dealing with hotel guests, Night Auditor will also officially welcome, properly register or check-out guests and properly respond to all resort guest needs during their stay at the hotel.
Job Summary: Verifies the correctness of all guest accounts by balancing each department’s income. Posts room and tax, local and/or long distance charges and any other applicable charges to guest folios.
- Follow and complete nightly bucket check against the PMS system to ensure that rate information that will be posted in the PMS system matches the registration card making the necessary changes, as needed.
- Completes nightly task list of all accounting related functions and reporting ensuring that all daily posting throughout the day being closed have been properly posted, form of payment collected and that all is in balance, making the necessary corrections as needed.
- Posts all room and tax for the day to include any “day use” rooms
- Reconciles all department charges to ensure that everything is in balance
- Prepares daily report for General Manager
- Prepares summary report of all adjustments made for the day and reasons for adjustments.
- Completes a “high balance” report for the General Manager so that the hotel may collect any additional monies or credit card authorizations needed.
- Prepares housekeeping report listing the status of all check-outs expected, stay-over rooms, vacant rooms and any out-of-order rooms for the night just ended.
- Once balanced and closed, Night Auditor will prepare the PMS system and interfaces for the next (new) business day. This should be completed no later than 7:00 am.
- Properly greet the guest, answers guest questions, and respond professionally and respectfully to all guest requests or inquiries.
- Ensures that the wake up call feature is working properly.
- Properly register hotel guests by obtaining or confirming room type requirements, properly assigning room, obtaining required information and signatures and issuing guest room keys per hotel brand standards.
- Properly follow the check-in or check-out procedures and possess a good understanding of all posting procedures and posting codes.
- Follow proper cash handling and credit procedures.
- Review the hotel layout (map) with the guest providing the proper directions to their guest room.
- Ensures that all messages, mail, facsimiles, packages, etc. are properly communicated and/or delivered to hotel guest.
- Use front desk information binder as a resource and ensure that the binder is updated and properly maintained. The binder should include information such as hotel services, hours of operation, local area attractions and restaurants (if no food and beverage service is available on-site), etc.
- Ensures that all guest reservation tiles (templates) are properly updated and/or documented as required by the hotel or brand. Must have a good working knowledge and understanding of the hotel’s Property Management System (PMS) including any interfaces tied to the PMS system as it relates to the Front Office.
- Must have the ability to personally make hotel reservations following the hotel’s or brand’s required reservation procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the hotel’s Lost and Found procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the hotel’s Guest Safety Deposit Box procedures if in-room safes are not available at the hotel.
- Ensures that the hotel is properly secured and reporting or informing the Assistant General Manager and General Manager of any unusual activity during night audit shift.
- Any other duties or tasks as assigned by the Assistant General Manager or General Manager.