This position fosters a Christ-like caring atmosphere, focusing on life skill development in a safe, healthy, healing environment, while striving to meet the practical needs of all residents. This position is for 3pm-11pm at our women's only facility. RC applicants must be female due to the nature of the role.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
A representative summary of tasks to be performed is provided below. The employee may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this description. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of the Buffalo City Mission.
- Perform initial intake procedure, ensuring accurate data entry into CROSS (Client Record Online Service System).
- Schedule the initial first case management appointment and communicate the appointment to the resident during the intake process.
- Introduce residents to the facility through the Mission’s initial intake and orientation process.
- Communicate behavioral actions through the incident reporting process.
- Conduct unit inspections, document and communicate appropriately to respective management and provide feedback to resident and case management.
- Monitor resident medications and report through documentation.
- Reports vacated units and prepare them for new residents.
- Assist residents with day-to-day housekeeping of facility, sleeping, and lounge areas.
- Oversee emergency shelter linen exchange as well as resident’s laundry.
- Distribute resident mail.
- Monitor resident events as assigned.
- Conduct direct observation drug and alcohol screenings, including breathalyzer and urine tests.
- Ensure physical comfort and safety of the residents as well as meet their needs for food, shelter, clothing and personal care.
- Implement policies and procedures guidelines consistently and impartially.
- Maintain effective communication between staff members and Case Managers by means of various communication vehicles.
- Assist and maintain clear access to the facility in inclement weather.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings to increase job comprehension.
- Represent the organization to all clients, volunteers and fellow co-workers in a Christ like manner that serves as an example of Christian behavior.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One year experience in a human service field is desired.
- Communicate in a positive manner.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of human services.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as a member of a team making maximum use of supportive resources.
- The ability to write clearly, tactfully and effectively.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- In the midst of a mature walk with Jesus Christ and able to articulate belief.
- Experience in customer service (volunteer or work related) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to maintain appropriate and safe boundaries in professional relationships.
- Relationship Building – Skilled in establishing and fostering professional contacts
- Strong organizational abilities, including excellent attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to manage several moving and changing parts.
- Teamwork -Relates well to all kinds of people regardless of level inside or outside of the organization. Uses diplomacy and tact when dealing with and interacting with others. Diffuses tension. Fosters collegial and cooperative attitudes. Works effectively to achieve common goals.
- - Listens to others, able to communicate issues clearly and credibly with widely varied audiences and overcome resistance; fosters open communication and manages emotion in positive ways.
- Client Focus - Understands and meets customer needs, whether internal or external, providing a high level of service and cooperation courteousness & sensitivity)
- Initiative & Adaptability - Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities along with a personal willingness and ability to respond to changes.
- Christian beliefs compatible with the spiritual and pastoral mission of the Buffalo City Mission. Act as knowledgeable and effective ambassador to the community.
- Accountability – Willingly accepts personal responsibility for decisions, actions, attitudes and behaviors that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the organization. Communicates effectively, follows through on assignments, uses resources efficiently, participates in learning opportunities and treats others with respect and dignity.
- Excellence – Serves as a role model and performs job responsibilities to the highest standards in every situation. Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Focus – Understands and demonstrates behaviors consistent with the mission and values of the organization while contributing to the overall success of the strategic plan.