Employee Work Profile and Job Description
Position Title: Program Manager
Full Time: Yes
Reports to: Assistant Director of Residential Treatment Services
Direct Reports: Clinical Supervisors, Nurses, Counselors, Peers, Administrative Staff
Department: Camden West Group Home
Location: Camden, DE
Description of Position
The Program Manager provides the direction, guidance, and supervision for the integrated behavioral health services provided at the location, including medication assisted treatment (MAT), medication management, behavioral health counseling, peer support services, primary care, and other biopsychosocial supports utilizing an evidence-based, trauma informed, recovery-oriented approach to the services provided. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the staff, management of site resources, ensuring clinical effectiveness, and the overall operation of the location. The Manager provides support to staff relevant to the clinical operations and maybe required to deliver direct services to clients with substance use, mental health and co-occurring disorders.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of clinical supervisory experience in behavioral health
- Two years of administrative supervisory experience
- Experience working in a Medication Assisted Treatment program preferred
- Valid Delaware clinical behavioral health professional license or equivalent national certification.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Valid driver’s license in good standing with at least 3 years minimum continuous driving experience with no serious traffic infractions.
- Must receive and maintain a satisfactory criminal background investigation report
- Inspires the staff to provide effective trauma-informed services with a focus on hope, strengths, wellness, and recovery
- Models a commitment to the mission of the organization
- Ensures the effective delivery of wellness and recovery services in accordance with policies and procedures; state and federal regulations; and extant professional, ethical, and legal principles
- Monitors the outcomes of the program in accordance with established benchmarks and develops corrective actions to ensure that opportunities to improve quality and outcomes are taken
- Supervises all clinical and administrative activities of the staff.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate and thorough electronic clinical records per Connections’ requirements in a timely manner
- Oversees the utilization of organization’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) at the site ensuring staff complete required documentation in accordance with policies and procedures and using the EHR’s reporting capabilities to monitor productivity and compliance
- Monitors the program for compliance with utilization, billing, and other contractual targets and ensures that these are met and develops corrective action plans to address any deficiencies that may occur
- Conducts and attends regular staff meetings and treatment plan review meetings. Provides administrative supervision to ensure that positions are filled, personnel work the required hours and perform the required tasks to ensure that services provided are evidence-based and meet the needs of the persons served
- Provides, in coordination with the clinical supervisor, the clinical guidance for the site for all clients served
- Thorough appropriate clinical supervision assures that all program staff are aware of PM 46, 42CFR Part 2, and 45 CFR confidentiality guidelines and that all staff adhere to required guidelines and policies
- Promotes effective working relations as part of the clinical team to facilitate the program’s ability to meet its goals and objectives
- Creates and maintains an environment which fosters group decision-making and treatment planning whereby each member is accountable for group decisions
- Supports and models the use of evidence-based practices in the services provided, including trauma-informed care, motivational enhancement therapy, relapse prevention
- Provides input and reports to the Director regarding the clinical needs of clients, improving ways of offering prevention, outreach, treatment services, and supervision
- Works in close collaboration with the Director and other senior staff to ensure that the program meets its clinical and administrative objectives
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity for all clients, families, guests, fellow employees, and other collaborators to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external referral sources utilizing the Wellness and Recovery Access Hub to improve clients’ access to care
- Monitors and maintains the physical appeal of the location
- Education deemed necessary for maintenance of license, certification, or other credential
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned, verbally or in writing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Clinical Knowledge: Possesses advanced understanding of assessment and intervention skills, specifically evidence-based practices, at a level commensurate with the ability to critically examine the effectiveness of policies and procedures, Implementation of these skills is done in a professional manner, modeling excellent professionalism for other staff members
- Problem Solving: Ability to recognize when something is wrong, or is likely to go wrong, and take the necessary actions to prevent or mitigate the problem. Demonstrate sound judgment by gathering and analyzing information skillfully and taking appropriate and timely actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Leadership: Facilitates organizational change as it relates to HR and the use of data; has the ability to understand, relate with, and adapt to different cultural settings; and demonstrates good judgement and maturity.
- Inductive Reasoning: Excellent observation skills and the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- Written Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in written form including, editing work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data clearly, concisely and accurately
- Oral Communication: Ability to orally communicate with others, including providing direction and feedback, exchange of information and ideas, explain complex concepts and processes, utilize effective non-verbal skills, ask insightful questions, and persuade others
- Time Management: Ensures that tasks/duties/activities, projects and goals are accomplished accurately and timely• Quality and Control: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitor own work and that of supervisees to ensure quality and is detail-oriented.
- Adaptability: Ability to multitask, prioritize, and adapt to changes in the work environment; manage completing demands and ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events; and ability to work under emergency conditions, when applicable.
- Dependability: Ability to consistently report to work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance
- Stress Tolerance: Recognizes crisis situations and react to such in a calm, mature manner; accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations; and the ability to identify, react to, and report security concerns, as applicable.
- Ethic Decision Making: Ability make sound judgments professional judgements consistent with the Connection’s Code of Ethics.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Intermittent physical activity including sustained walking, climbing, standing, and sitting. Possibility of lifting, stretching and other physical exertion. Repetitive mental activity such as key/data entry and checking entries in a report, etc.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintain information in written or electronic form.
- May have to perform job tasks in close physical proximity to other people.
This job description is not designed to over or contain a comprehensive list of activities or responsibilities that are required of the employee, and may be site-specific. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.