Title: Head of Finance
Location: Arizona- G&A Dept
Pay Range: $140-165k Annually DOE
Date: March, 2021
FLSA Class: Exempt-Executive
EEO Class: Professional
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Benefits: Dental, Vision, and Life; Employer Sponsored Medical Insurance; Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off
MyCarrier provides SaaS (software as a service) products to the freight transportation industry. MyCarrier was founded in 2016 by former Executives of a large software powered freight brokerage and is now in the rapid scaling phase. Our difference is in our people. We believe that our team members are the greatest assets to our mission. We are driven to support our employees with all the tools and resources needed to support their individual talents. Our people live the values that makes MyCarrier a great place to work.
General Job Description
The Head of Finance is a strategic leader who works closely with executives and department leaders to develop appropriate business analyses and help make informed investment, strategic and operating decisions to ensure that the company’s financial goals are achieved. As the Head of Finance, you will manage the company’s financial strategy and oversee all accounting duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Head of Finance, reporting to the [insert title], will help shape the company’s strategy and manage all company financial matters. Specific accountabilities include:
• Strategically build and manage the company’s finance and accounting function
• Establish then manage financial planning and analysis and develop sound financial plans
• Oversight of budget versus actual variance analysis to drive accountability
• Manage treasury function and ensure company maintains sufficient liquidity
• Ensure all financial reports are accurate and completed in timely manner
• Oversight of receivables, payables, payroll and expense reimbursement
• Oversight to ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly, quarterly and annual close process
• Select and oversee accounting firm and coordinate and complete annual audits
• Oversee all tax matters and conduct sound tax planning
• Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Ensure adherence to all financial regulations and guidelines
• Collaboratively provide recommendations on compensation strategy, including compensation levels, variable compensation, benefits and equity
• Collaborating with CRO, Head of Product, President, and applicable stakeholders to conduct analysis and provide recommendations on pricing, new business lines, market expansion and other areas to help execute strategic objectives
• Identify and implement systems, processes, policies and controls to ensure scalable and secure financial operations
• Oversight of equity capitalization table
• Oversee competitive intelligence and provide regular updates to key stakeholders
• Review and negotiate vendor contracts
• Select and manage vendors
• Oversee company facilities space planning
• Support corporate development, including strategic partnerships and M&A
• Oversee corporate governance
• Facilitate investor relations, through crafting communications, providing timely reports and supporting materials
• Provide advice on ideal capital allocation and help raise capital including generating fundraising materials
• Securely maintain files and records in organized manner
The Head of Finance will manage a small onsite team of finance professionals, who have a variety of skill sets and backgrounds. The Head of Finance will monitor the collection and analysis of financial information as well as ensuring the creation of accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. The Head of Finance is expected to provide coaching in order to increase their team’s productivity and overall understanding of their position’s responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which will typically involve 40+ hours per week.
Minimal travel is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
• 10+ years of overall financial experience
• 7+ years of mid to senior level positions in fast-growing technology companies, responsible for financial planning, analysis and accounting
• Demonstrated track record of successfully building and scaling a finance organization from the ground up, including hiring, systems and controls
• Demonstrated track record of recruiting and developing finance professionals and building high performing teams
• Proven ability to identify, source, structure and execute M&A transactions ranging in size and complexity
• Experience identifying new business opportunities, analyzing the competitive landscape and developing financial models that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy
• Experience establishing meaningful external networks with a demonstrated track record of raising capital
• BS or MBA degree required; CPA is an added benefit
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong financial aptitude with a proficiency in finance and accounting software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership skills with a focus on collaboration and teambuilding
• Comfortable collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Able to challenge the executive team and Board of Directors on operational and strategic decisions of importance
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, while managing numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously