Reports To: Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Floor Supervisor
Job Summary: To maintain a clean and appealing guest room according to the brand standards specified for the hotel.
- Change bed linen daily.
- Vacuum carpet, sweep and mop tile floors
- Dust all furniture (i.e. picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TV’s, dressers, etc.) daily.
- Clean all guest room appliances (i.e. microwave, refrigerators, etc.)
- Remove fingerprints and smudges (i.e. mirrors, shiny surfaces, windows, etc.)
- Thoroughly clean the entire bathroom area (i.e. wash shower stall / bathtub, sink, floor, toilet, etc.)
- Ensure that all guest room amenities and standard room set-up is completed as required by the brand.
- Report any damage found in the room immediately to the Housekeeping Floor Supervisor or Housekeeping Manager.
- Report any missing guest room items (i.e. bedspreads, blankets, furniture or equipment) immediately to the Housekeeping Floor Supervisor or Housekeeping Manager.
- Bag and tag any personal items left behind by the guest or found in any vacant room and pass along to the Housekeeping Floor Supervisor or Housekeeping Manager to record and store in the Lost and Found.
- Notify the Houseman/Public Area Attendant, Housekeeping Floor Supervisor or Housekeeping Manager of all rollaways or cribs in rooms for pick-up and storage.
- Take responsibility for pass key assigned each day and make sure to turn it in at the end of the shift
- Shut off all lights, TV’s and PTAC (heating and air conditioning units) when leaving the room. Special instructions may be given for PTAC units during extreme winter or summer conditions.
- Become familiar and knowledgeable with hotel’s safety policies and emergency procedures to include emergency evacuation procedures. Become familiar with accident prevention policies to include any OSHA related chemical handling (MSDS sheets).
- Attend required safety training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogens, HazCom, etc.) as required by the hotel.
- Any other assignments or tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Floor Supervisor or Housekeeping Manager
Report to the Housekeeping Floor Supervisor or Housekeeping Manager any of the following:
- No luggage
- No service needed or do not disturb signs left on guest room door
- Extra guests
- Anything out of the ordinary