Shift: Monday - Friday from 10PM-6AM and every other weekend.
Job Purpose: Performs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of various production and packaging machines. Including the following essential functions:
- Reading and interpretation of equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Emergency repairs on production equipment to keep lines operational at all times.
- Scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment including replacement of failed components such as bearings, belts, motors, power/control lines, etc.
- Diagnose problems and replace or repair parts as needed.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, using specifications and/or blueprints, precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lock Out/Tag Out experience REQUIRED.
- 5 or more years of direct experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Meat plant experience is preferred. Electrical experience (480/110/low voltage).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, read, comprehend, and carry out instructions.
- Able to read and follow blueprints and electrical diagrams.
- Experience in performing preventative maintenance.
- Able to work extended work schedules including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Experience in a fast paced production environment.
- Able to interface well with production line workers and supervisors.
- Must be self-motivated and possess good time management, good organization skills.
- Compliance on records management, and communication of priorities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the person occupying this position. You may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by Management.