The Human Resources Intern will be given the opportunity to learn, participate, and assist in many areas of responsibility assigned to the Human Resources department. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and help with resetting employee passwords.
- Assist with scheduling interviews, interviewing, and hiring seasonal and full-time employees.
- Assists with new employee onboarding and making onboarding packets.
- Assists with pre-employment drug screens and background checks.
- Assists with conducting reference checks when requested by managers.
- Assists with keeping track of housing for seasonal employees by working with operation managers.
- Help Volunteer Coordinators with volunteers in volunteer database and processing applications.
- Assists with Service Award Coordination and ordering of service awards and coordinating presentation of service awards at Staff Meetings.
- Assists with status changes and updating employee records in the HR System.
- Assist with processing of termination paperwork; conduct Exit Interviews and send out deactivation emails.
- Keep personnel files and records up to date with e-filing.
- Assist with various HR research projects and/or special projects.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.