We are currently seeking a Payroll and Human Resources Consultant to join our Integrated Human Capital Services team. Our consultants are collaborative, lifelong learners who are energized by what they do every day. We dig into new challenges, lean into change, and continuously look for ways to innovate. The Employers Council team brings deep expertise and consulting services in the areas of human resources, employment law, and organizational development and provides virtual, in-person, and on-demand training in these areas. We serve employers across a wide range of industries and varying sizes, with support ranging from transactional to transformational.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Relationship Development & Management
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with members to ensure member confidence in Employers Council’s human resources and payroll expertise.
• Utilize knowledge of various business and organizational structures to deliver tailored advice to members regarding human resources and payroll questions.
• Collaborate with peers across the organization's offices to provide solutions to member issues.
• Provide advice, counsel, and recommendations to member organizations via the phone, video conferencing, or in-person on a wide variety of payroll-related topics, including payroll processing, payroll tax forms, various payroll cycles, and recordkeeping, knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll requirements, payroll software, systems, and procedures.
• Provide advice, counsel, and recommendations to member organizations via the phone, video conferencing, or in-person on a wide variety of HR-related topics, including staffing, HR operations, compensation and benefits, EEO, performance management, employee relations, recordkeeping, and employee handbooks and related policy documents.
• Review and recommend changes/amendments/improvements to documents, including employee handbooks or policy manuals, compensation plans, performance appraisal forms, and documentation to enable members to use legally defensible and effective tools to meet their own business objectives.
• Write articles to be published in Employers Council's Bulletin, Employers Council's Hot Topics, and other publications or online applications such as blogs and social media.
• Write Employers Council Whitepapers (FYI's) on HR and employment topics related to own expertise or identified need.
• Conduct training classes on various HR and payroll-related topics utilizing both in-classroom and e-learning methodologies.
• Develop new classes, programs, and other materials to meet members' current and anticipated HR and payroll training needs.
• Deliver presentations and speeches to community/industry groups on payroll-related topics to audiences ranging in size from a handful to a few hundred or more.
• Continually develop knowledge and proficiency in various HR and payroll disciplines and trends to provide members with all necessary human resources consultative support.
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources and payroll functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
•Three or more years of experience in multiple human resources disciplines with an emphasis in payroll processing.
• Extensive knowledge of payroll administration, including preparation, balancing, internal controls, report writing, and payroll taxes.
• Knowledge of payroll system RFP processes, migration and implementation desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Certification as a CPP or FPC preferred.
• Certification from HRCI or SHRM is required or must be attained within one year of hire.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
• Ability to train and facilitate groups virtually and in-person.
• Ability to independently travel to engage members and perform on-site training, including occasional overnight travel.
General office environment, potential for travel, and occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Starting weekly salary range: $1,244.23 - $1,523.44
Benefits: Employers Council provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Insured group health, dental, & vison plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans are available
• Long term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans
• Life, AD&D, Long term disability plans primarily paid for by employer
• A generous mix of vacation, sick and holiday paid days off
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.