Saphire Event Group is looking for experienced and polished Event Managers to join our team! The Event Manager is responsible for the successful execution of events working in conjunction with the Event Producer and our in-house Culinary team.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing servers and bartenders to ensure all procedures are followed, be TIPS certified and have knowledge of the bar (including POS systems), have knowledge of Caterease and be able to execute an event following the BEO, be able to work nights and weekends, have a passion for excellence, and is a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing events and ensuring event checklists are being executed and all company protocols and policies are being followed by event staff.
This position is an on-call, part-time position which requires a varying schedule to include weekends, evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates. Due to the seasonal nature of our business, availability of shifts is only possible when events are scheduled and based on type of event, guest count and time of event. All scheduling is done through our online employee scheduling software. Event season for our company is considered April through November.
Duties will include:
· Reviews Banquet Event Orders to fully understand all details associated with assigned event.
· Executes Event pre-set up checklist to ensure all equipment and supplies are ordered
· Creates detailed staff assignment sheet and coordinates details of event such as menu execution, hors d’oeuvres, and/or ceremony details in regards to serving, bar operations, set- ups, breakdowns, assist in kitchen, etc.
· Works with set-up crew to ensure property is ready for upcoming events.
· Pre-meal menu training of all wait staff to understand menu items.
· Works with the Staffing and Training Manager to get event staff through on-the-job training to provide outstanding service.
· Coordinates all details with bartender and supervises the operations of the bar. .
· Works with the Event Producers and Director of Operations to resolve any customer issues or complaints.
· Completes all post-event paperwork and recaps.
· Executes end of the night checklist and closes the building.
· Maintains excellent interpersonal relationships with clients, guests and vendors.
· Responsible for learning and applying all SEG policies and procedures.