Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits, withdrawals and processing loan payments. Promote and advise on the bank’s products and services.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip
• Identify customers, validate and cash checks
• Process cash withdrawals
• Receive and verify loan payments
• Perform services for customers such as ordering checks and bank cards
• Perform specialized tasks such as preparing official checks and money orders
• Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
• Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts, as well as other bank related products
• Seek to resolve issues and problems with customers’ accounts
• Explain and promote bank products and services to customers
• Identify referral opportunities and make relevant referrals
• End of day balancing of cash and checks in teller cashbox
• Ensure compliance with all internal controls and established bank policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year cash handling experience
• Customer service experience
• Good interpersonal, communication and computer skills